Its June, time for the Internet Trends update by Mary Meeker, KPCB. Last year's update has crossed 3 million views on Slideshare. So many interesting slides, difficult to pick up some of the best ones to add here. I have selected a few that I really liked. The first being the growth in Smartphones and Tablets, as compared to PC's and Television's.
The other very interesting point to highlight is that the number of SMS's are decreasing and the number of OTT messages are rising. Just two days back, BITKOM, Germany released the news that SMS's are declining drastically in Germany. OTT's are taking over, rightly so.
Finally, with people doing too much multi-tasking, the above slide highlights what people are doing while watching TV.
Here is the complete set of slides:
Related news on the web:
- Forbes: Are We In A Tech Bubble? Not Really, According To Mary Meeker's Latest Report
- Business Insider: Mary Meeker's Stunning 2014 Presentation On The State Of The Web
- Quartz: Mary Meeker’s 2014 internet trends report: all the slides plus highlights
- Forbes: Mary Meeker's Web Video Love Affair
- Guardian: Mary Meeker: 2015 will be about 'findable data' and mobile sensors
- Business Insider, Australia: In 3 Big Slides, Here's Why Mary Meeker Is Optimistic About The Future Of American Healthcare
- Tech2: What Mary Meeker’s 2014 trends report says about India’s Internet usage